is situated on the quiet borders of the old town of Gavorrano. There is very little traffic and sufficient parking space close by. The listed house "Il Castello" has been erected on the remains of an old abbey, presumably dating back to the year 1100. Remains of the old monastery kitchen can be seen in the apartment "Corsica".
In the upper floor of the house are a doorway arch of sienese origin and two rooms with ancient barrel-and-cross-vault. The belfry of the old monastery used to be exactly in the location of our private kitchen today.
One of the town's landmarks, the baptismal font of the former abbey, is situated in our garden.